David Morritt is an American artist, teacher, and curator based in San Francisco, CA. He currently teaches sculpture at Orinda Intermediate School.
Inspired by the environment, culture, and the everyday rhythm of life, his mixed media sculptures invoke a dialogue between feminine and masculine, ornate and unadorned, growth and decay, celebration and mourning, vulnerability and truth. As a peaceful support of protest, revolution, and protection of wildlife and the environment, these works promote an inclusive vision of world peace focusing on human as well as animal rights.
For pricing, commissions, or information contact me
- Art Teaching Credential, San Francisco State University 2011
- MFA, Pictorial Arts, Painting, San Jose State University 2004
- UC Berkeley, BA, History of Art, UC Berkeley, 1998
- Solo Pop-up, Paloma, San Francisco, CA 2018
- Ongoing, Paloma, San Francisco, CA 2018
- Exhibition, Farnsworth, San Francisco, CA 2018
- Solo Exhibition, Resurrect, Oakland, CA 2018
- Solo Exhibition, Hotel Biron, San Francisco, CA 2018
- Anniversary Group Exhibition, Incline Gallery, San Francisco, CA 2017
- Familiar, Group Exhibition, Modern Eden, San Francisco, CA 2017
- Ongoing Exhibition, The Compound Gallery, Oakland, CA 2017
- Relish Magazine Release and Art Show, Group Exhibition, American Bookbinders Museum, San Francisco, CA 2017
- Kallisti, Solo Exhibition, Four Barrel Coffee, San Francisco, CA2017
- Urban Jungle, Group Exhibition, Wonderland SF, San Francisco, CA2017
- Semi-Precious, Group Exhibition, Art Share L.A., Los Angeles, CA 2017
Relish Magazine, Volume 1, San Francisco, Bay Area 2017
- Asst. Curator of Sculpture and Dec. Arts, Getty Center, L.A., CA 2007-2008
- Written entries in The J. Paul Getty Museum Handbook of the Collections
- hear him discuss the work of Isamu Noguchi and Joan Miró
- Independent curator, San Francisco
His paintings are in private collections and have been exhibited in the Bay Area.